FRONT CRANKSHAFT OIL SEAL REPLACEMENT

1992 Honda Prelude

1992 Honda Prelude 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 204500 miles

I'm currently replacing the timing belt and water-pump in my 1992 Honda Prelude, and would like to install new front crankshaft oil seals. Oil seal replacement is new for me and was wondering if anyone had experience doing this procedure correctly. Do I need any special tools like a seal puller, and/or silicone gasket sealant for installationl? Any help would be greatly appreciated by a DIY''r trying to save money!
Fparker007

Hi fparker007,

A screwdriver would do the job but the lower one is difficult to remove because it has a hard outer metal case.

Take care not to damage the seats when removing or else it would cause leaking. No gasket sealants recommended but remember to lubricated the inner lips. A little oil on outer of seal would make installation easier.

You need a round cone for installation. There are 5 seals to be replaced if you want to have them all replaced. 1 is behind the lower balancer shaft pulley, you need to press the pulley out.

Make sure you mark the positions before taking out the belts. If you take the lower balancer housing out, 1 O ring is needed, you need to lock the shaft at the service hole on the block. Take note of markings.