92 BRAKE PROBLEM

1992 Honda Prelude

Brakes problem
1992 Honda Prelude 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 100K miles

Hi, I have a question about the brake of my car. The brake will release itself when I press the brake pedal, it's kind like losting pressure and the pedal goes all the way down. But once I release it and press the pedal again, the brake works again, it's just like keep losting pressure if I dont release the pedal. The problem only happenes when the engine(or the brakes) gets hot. I'm wondering which parts of the brake system have cause this problem, so I can replace it.
Thanks.
114724554

Hi there,

Thank you for the donation,

Is the pedal sinking under constant foot pressure? And it improves if you pump the pedal and hold hard pressure?

Mhpautos
Yes, the pedal keeps sinking under my foot pressure, thus, the pedal goes all the way down but the caliper doesnt work. I have to release and press the pedal constantly to let the caliper to stop the rotor.

114724554
If you have no fluid leaks in the system, I would be thinking that you will have a faulty master cylinder that may be bypassing internally.

Mhpautos