RUNNING ROUGH

2000 Honda Passport

2000 Honda Passport 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 110000 miles

I recently rebuilt my 3.2litre v6 engine in my 2000 honda passport. This is I put new bearings (main and rod), new piston rings, all new gaskets, honed the cylinders, shaved all the rough edges off of the inside of the intake (2 peice), new timing belt, water pump, seals, spark plugs, mass air flow sensor, throttle position sensor. Ive followed the manual on how to install the timing belt. My problem is when you start it it starts just fine the first time. As soon as you touch the accelerator it instantly starts running rough. Popping through the intake, very slight backfire (almost no backfire really), the check engine light starts flashing, and if you hold the accelerator down it really pops in the intake and it wont go above of ummmm. Lets says about 3000 rpms. When you remove either the ignition coil or injector wires the cylinder drops out accordingly. I really feel that the timing is not the problem. HELP!
B-sizzle

Get the PCM scanned for trouble codes, autozone does for free, we can continue once that is done.

Post them back here.

Blackop555