ENGINE PROBLEM

1999 Honda Passport

1999 Honda Passport Four Wheel Drive Automatic 70000 miles

Ok, so I have a 1999 Honda Passport. My family bought it brand new from the dealership, and it only has about 70000 miles on it. The problem is last winter I didn't get an oil change as soon as I should have, and at one point my car started making a tapping noise. I ignored it, and just put some oil in the car, but as I drove the car more, the tapping noise became louder and more frequent. I am pretty sure I blew a rod or something? I have talked to a few people, and they have suggested replacing the engine, but that is really pricey, and I was hoping if there was any way I could fix the problem without replace the engine, cause the engine was in such great condition. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Anam89

Hi Anam89,

If it is tapping noise at idling and increases with revving the einge, I would suggest getting the valve clearances checked.