FUEL

1995 Honda Passport

1995 Honda Passport 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 214, miles

I just replaced a Fuel Pump that was located in the gas tank. This fixed the problem I was having with the car from hesitating and stalling. The test-drive after the work was fine. It was the next morning the car started making a whining noise and the tack was winding up as far as 5 grand. After awhile the noise went away but the tack still acts funny which I have never seen it do. On the other hand the engine sounds fine and drives fine. My thought and question is did I possibly hook up something wrong? The only hesitation I had with the whole job was the two gas lines on the top to the tank. Wasn't sure if I hooked them up like they came off. If I had switched them what would I expect?
Horselocator