TIMING BELT

Honda Other

Do I need to replace my timing belt, if the rotor underneath the distributor cap is not spinning
Nattyb4ksu

If the distributer gear is good you will have to replace a lot of things including the cyl head because the engine is an interference engine and a broken timimg belt wipes out the valves. Good luck

Losone
Is there a way to check if the distributor gear is good? If I have to replace all those parts, considering how old my car is, should I just look to get a new one? Thanks for all your help.

Nattyb4ksu
You didn't provide me the make, model, year and mileage of your car so I can't make an accurate judgement.

If the engine spins over like you have no spark pulgs in the holes then it is a broken timimg belt You can remove the valve cover and see if the valves move when you turn over the engine.

As a reminder, the timing belt replacement on most Hondas is 60K on earlier models and 90K on newer models.

Good Luck

Losone