WHEN TO CHANGE FLUIDS

2003 Honda Odyssey

Engine Cooling problem
2003 Honda Odyssey 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 75000 miles

My dealer is recommending changing the Antifreeze, Brake and Power Steering fluids as part of the 75M mile service. When should these fluids be changed? What's the impact of not doing so? Thanks.
Scottrachelle

Your owners manual will give the intervals according to the manufacturer.

According to what I have there is no specified period for the power steering fluid or the brake fluid. IT is changed on the condition generally. Brake fluid will take on moisture. This moisture can cause a variety of possible problems such as abs damage, boiling fluid when braking. Contamination build up can affect fluid flow and sealing at the master cylinder. Not real common, but can. Power steering fluid also looses its cooling and lubricating properties over time. Possible restrictions can happen allowing pump damage to occur and loss of power steering. Again not real common, but a good Idea to do regardless.

Coolant flushes are due at 120,000 or 5 years on this one. I think 5 years is a little long to go. Crude builds up and affect the cooling capibilites as well as plugging radiators, heater cores and thermostats