LEFT POWER SLIDING DOOR WILL NOT OPERATE

2002 Honda Odyssey

Other Category problem
2002 Honda Odyssey 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 109167 miles

Whenever the door handle or dash button is activated to trigger the door it starts to open then stops and is followed by three beeps eminating from the door area then the dash " Sliding Door" light displays. I have reviewed answers to other questions in this category. They do not appear to address my problem.

To eliminate the dash light one has to manually close the door. It moves with considerable resistance and appears the motor is still engaged.

I have tried removing the fuse but that had no effect.
Ckcjr42

Is there anything stuck in the sliders or rails for the door that might be making it hang up? My software has surprisingly little on diagnosing door problems with your van.I dont see any service bulletins either. Physically inspect everything first.

Jack42
No, the channel is completely clear. It worked before we removed the door strip under which wiring runs to the back of the van. When we put the step back together the door would not work.

Ckcjr42
Wher was the strip you removed? Try looking under it to see if maybe you accidentally pinched a wire

Jack42
The strip I referred to was the sill trim. We removed it by lifting along the inner edge to release the clips. The wires are not crimped but we did move them around some trying to identify the wire(s) that ran to brake lights. When the door did not work, we removed the sill trim again to make sure none of the wires were pinched.

Ckcjr42
Id dig deeper in that area, moving them the first time created the problem, might have been a bad connection that moving made worse. Look at the strikers for the door or anywhere there might be an electrical connection

Jack42
Okay here it is for all odyssey power sliding door problems. This will fix it 99% of the time. It needs to be rehomed. I posting the procedure once and only once. Good luck everyone!

1. Erase the sliding door trouble codes by removing the # 13 (7.5 ) fuse from the passenger's under-dash fuse box for 10 seconds. Then put the fuse back in.
2. Turn off the main door switch. Make sure that the ignition switch is off.
3. Manually open the sliding door and make sure it's fully open.
4. Turn the ignition switch on. Then turn on the door switch.
5. Push and hold the CLOSE side of the dashboard door switch for that door until the door is fully closed.
6. Try the door operation with the dashboard door switch, the remote and the door handles.

Lostinmars
I followed the rehome procedure to the letter. When I get to step 5 and press and Hold the Close button the response is three beeps then nothing. My problem must fall into the other 1% -- any suggestions?

Ckcjr42
When you manually open and close the door, is it sliding unhindered or is there a slight grinding or sticking toward the read edge of the slider?

I know this is a little of track, but I had the sliding mechanism go bad on me and I am just wondering if that would be enough to cause the door to not slide electronically.

Ody1434
There is not a grinding sound nor any other noise just considerable resistance. One must pull/push very hard in order to open/close the door.

Ckcjr42