LEFT FRONT BRAKE NOISE

2005 Honda Element

Brakes problem
2005 Honda Element 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

Hi Guys,
I recently did a complete brake job on my sons car.

He says there is a clicking noise when he is coming to a stop. I have had it torn down twice now.

I did not replace front brake as they are like new. I did have all 4 rotors turned. I noticed the shim in left front is loose. Please help this is precious family members.

the noise is in left front brakes.

Thanks Dennis
Faithx2

Try replacing the loose shim could be it that's making the noise.

Hi Rasmataz

Is there any other reason there could be a clicking noise when applying the brakes. This is the only tmime you can hear it is when you are almost to a complete stop.

These are almost new pads. I did have all 4 rotors turned.

I have done over a 150 brake jobs in my life time with no probles. Help

Thanks Dennis

Faithx2
Check the wheel bearings and the CV Joint on that side

Hi My friend,

I have checked everything with no evail. Also what could cause the new pads on the rear to apply when going in reverse. The left rear applys then the right.

What devise pulls the pads away from the rotors after releasing the brakes

note. You can actually hear the rear pads appling when stopping in reverse. Help

thanks Dennis

Faithx2
What devise pulls the pads away from the rotors after releasing the brakes, its self adjusting-check the caliper piston if its retracting and the brake hose