QUESTION ABOUT GROUND CABLE

2004 Honda Element

2004 Honda Element

Hi There,

The power cable at the plug end of my block heater was frayed and I am trying to replace it. The power cord has three wires that are sort of " molded together" to form the cable. On the inside, the centre wire has wrapped in green. The other two do not seem to have an inner rubber coating (or it is maybe just black). Common sense says that the middle green wire is the ground.

BUT, on the outer cable sheath, one of the two wires on the side seemed to be marked " ground only". This made me think that this wire might be the ground (even though the centre green, again, makes sense). I went on line and found that sometimes wiring is marked " green for ground only" but I cannot see enough of my wire to confirm this. Can anyone give me some advice. Should I go with green as ground?

Thanks,
Inept
Inept