AC CUTTING OUT

2003 Honda Element

Air Conditioning problem
2003 Honda Element 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 89000 miles

In the last month my AC has been blowing cold air usually when I first start out then suddenly shifting to outside air sometime later. Sometimes turning it of waiting a while, then turning it back on will cause it to work for a while. I can tell by the slight lug on the engine when the AC is going to work or not. Push the button (Lug) then it works! Push the button (no Lug) then no cold air. It has gotten worse and worse. Lately it only works about 10% of the time. When it does work, the air is ice cold. Any Ideas?
Mwalpole

1. Check the Freon pressure. (You can do it yourself by buying a gauge at AutoZone) they can help you connect it to check. If the pressure is low the A/C won’t work.
If that does not work.

2. Have a mechanic vacuum and refill the Freon. (Basically service the A/C)
if that does not work
3. It could be you A/C compressor going out.
4. It could be you temp control panel.

My father in-law has a 2003 Honda Element EX and so do I
His A/C started blowing regular air. We went through the steps and found out that the Compressor was out. Vehicle only has 78K on it. Mine has 68K with no problems yet.
I asked arround and found out some of them have faulty A/C Compressor

Good Luck

Hope that helps

Barberian