HIT CURB.. ALIGNMENT? WHEEL? AXLE?

1994 Honda Del Sol

I hit a curb pretty much with the front left wheel when I hydroplaned last night. Now it pulls to the left. Is there any way I can tell if the axle is bent? I think its just the wheel. Which needed replacing anyway. But I just want to know how I might be able to tell if the axle is bent, so I know much money I'm going to end up spending on this. THANKS!
Guitarjones07

Do the rim and get the tire taken care of. I suspect that you have got a donut on the vehicle. It drives but pulls to the left. The chances of bending the axle or CV axle is not very good. You would have taken out the strut etc before the axle would bend. I am sitting hundreds of miles from you no doubt. Take the car to an alignment specialist that you trust and have them look at the front end. They can give you an estimate before working on it. They can easily see what is wrong. Your speed and the level of impact play a major factor in what is wrong with the vehicle. It could just be in need of an alignment.

Let us know what you find out.

Bruce Hunt
Thanks a bunch. I was probably going about 35. And the curb was about 4 inches. Its not too far off. If I hold the wheel straight its going straight. I'm not compensating to the right or anything like that. Am I okay to drive on it for a couple of days? Or will I die? LoL. Seriously though, I can't get it fixed until next week and I need to get to work. (45 minute drive) I just don't want to do any extra damage.

Guitarjones07
Get a new rim and a tire. You will probably see some possible wear to the tires being out of alignment. You might even feel some shaking in the steering wheel but driving it does not sound so bad based on your last posting. Just drive carefully and get the work done as soon as possible. I suspect the alignment should be all you need.

Bruce Hunt
I can't thank you enough. Now I won't get screwed around by any mechanic on this one cause I know what is wrong. Thanks again!

Guitarjones07