RADIATOR FAN

1993 Honda Del Sol

Engine Cooling problem
1993 Honda Del Sol 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 130256 miles

I just got my del sol and I have not seen the radiator fan kick on. I have owned 3 civics and they all came on. I live in ohio and don't know if it is just the cold weather right now or if the fan does not work. Is there any way to test the fan. The only fan that comes on is on the ac condensor when the ac is on.

thak you
Ke_parks

To check fan you can pull Radiator Fan Relay and jump terminals with a wire here's how...

1) Pull relay
2) with test light attach clip to a good ground then touch each socket make note of all that light up.
3) with a wire stick one end in one of the sockets that made light come on the stick other end in one of the sockets that didn't light up. If fan doesn't come on try next socket that DID NOT light up.
If after trying all sockets that DID NOT light the fan didn't com on then it could be a bad fan motor or bad wiring.

To check wiring find plug near fan motor and disconnect, using test light clipped to good ground insert tip into one of the sockets on the fan side. Make sure you still have jumper wire in place at the relay. If test light lights then wire is good, if not then do same as mentioned above till all sockets have been check.

If test light doesn't light then you have a bad wire.

You can straight wire the fan to check the fan. Just run 2 wires from the battery to the fan plug.

If jumping relay turns fan on then you have may have a bad relay you can check this by looking at the numbers on the relay then looking at the surrrounding relays and see if any match if so then just swap out those relays, making sure you remember which ones you swapped.

If relay seem to be good and fan still doesn't come on then it is most likely the Coolant Temp Sensor.

Relay location.....

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/188069_93delsolradfanrelay_1.jpg

The Coolant Temp Sensor is located on Cylinder Head near Thermostat Housing.

.

Obxautomedic