NO SPARK

1993 Honda Del Sol

1993 Honda Del Sol 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 134000 miles

i have a 1993 handa del sol I drove my car to work the other day and the battery was dead, so I jumped it and it started right up drove home put a new battery in it and now no spark at all, engine cranks all grounds, and fuses are good and there is power to the distributor just no power to the plugs I think the distributor is bad any ideas
Warmachine

Hi warmachine,

Check if you have battery voltage at the distributor Black/Yellow wire with ignition switch tuiurned ON and while cranking.

Are the dashlights showing when the ignition switch is turned ON?

Yeah it has power going to it I actually cranked the motor over while I check that it was good power was going to it but the I checked it coming out were the spark plug wire attached when I cranked it there was no power coming from the distributor itself

Warmachine
When you do not have sparks, it could be a faulty ignition coil or ignition control module.

The coil is more likely to be at fault then the ICM. You can test the primary and secondary coil resistance to see if they are within soecs.

The distributor need not be replaced as an assy as the ignition coil or ICM can be bought separately.