RECENTLY REBUILT ENGINE REVS HIGH

Honda CRX

1984 Honda CRX DX, 275 000 kilometers, 1.5 liter I4 EW1. I recently rebuilt the engine in my crx because it was burning oil. I replacing all gaskets/seals, got the cylinder head ground/leveled as well as putting in new piston rings and connecting rod and main bearings. I also honed the cylinders. After finally working out several problems (adjusting valves etc.) It started up right away but instead of idleing around 800 RPM, it sped up to 1800 RPM and slowly climbed to 2500 RPM before I turned it off. This took about 30 seconds. I started it up again several minutes later and it idled at 2300 RPM and slowly climbed to 2700 RPM before I turned it off. This also took about 30 seconds. I don't know why this is happening and I don't want to wreck my newly rebuilt engine before it even gets broken in. Please help me
84hondacrxdx

OH NO. TAKE IT TO A CHURCH. IT NEED EXORCIST. IS THE EVIL CAR FROM HELL.
Just kidding man.I'm in a good state of mind today.
Check both mating surfaces from intake manifold to cylinder head. That high of an rpm idling.9 outta 10 is a vacuum leak in between. Good luck. And u can cancel the exorcist appointment if I am right. Let me know the tail end of the stories. Heeee hawwww

Kin chan