DROPPED CYLINDER QUESTION...

1987 Honda CRX

1987 Honda CRX 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 120000 miles

All 4 cylinders get spark down to the plug. But the 2 inner cylinders are not hitting. Distributor is working fine, compression is good… I’ve noticed prior to my purchase that the carb linkage was messed with. Secondary’s aren't opening at full throttle because linkage wasn't put back on properly. Factory inlet fuel screws paint seal is broke. All vacuum hoses appear to be connected & in place.
During spark test if I pulled either of the outer cylinder plug wires the engine would die, but if I pulled either one of the inner spark plug wires the engine sounds the same… while driving it home the car wouldn’t go any faster than 50 mph, I had to stay in 3rd gear to maintain speed… 4th gear slowed me down… while going up hill the car’s speed slowed down… I tried downshifting to 2nd gear, all this did was raise the RPM’s without gaining any speed.

Is there anything here that I described that can be causing the 2 inner cylinders to drop?
If not, could a vacuum and or fuel problem be the cause for them to lose horse power?

Thank you for your help.

Chris
Shiftyeye