DRIVER'S SDIE POWER FOLDING MIRROR

2007 Honda CRV

Interior problem
2007 Honda CRV 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 30000 miles

Is it possible to repair a faulty folding mirror mechanism? Whenever I turn the ignition on the driver's side mirror folds itself completely forward, but it doesn't 'click' into position. I can pull it back to the correct position, but as soon as the ignition is turn off and back on it moves forward almost parallel to the front wheel again.
Alan7692

Hi alan7692,

Thank you for the donation.

The manufacturer does not provide any repir procedures for the power mirror as it is supposed tyo be a maintenence free component.

Based on the description, the internals of the power mirror seems to have moved from its original and to disassemble the unit, it requires patience and some minute work.

Repair is possible but not easy. It must be noted that if there is wear of the components causing the plate for the mirror position control is bad, there are no replacement parts available.

No mechanic would do the job for you so the repair would have to be DIY.