CR-V AWD KNOCKING WHEN TURN AT LOW SPEED

2005 Honda CRV

When turning at low speeds, as in parking lots and such, a knocking sound from the right rear wheel occurs. It was suggested that since the front wheels have slightly less tread, the rear is turning more of a radius and therefore unbalanced. Not too sure about that one, does anyone have any ideas? Thanks much for your help!
Cjbyr

Could be a bearing or diff problem. Try lifting and supporting one side and spinning the wheel, see if it is smooth or makes any noise, try this on both rear wheels

Jack42
Thanks for the reply. If it is a differential problem, can repair be costly? About how much?

Cjbyr
Chances are the diff fluid needs changed. Also check to make sure the mounts for the rear diff are good.

This is a very common problem on the crv. The fluid wears out quickly. First indication is a noise while turning slowly. I've seen them so bad they have ripped out the diff mounts.

Lostinmars
Thanks for the advice. I will post the outcome for future reference.

Cjbyr
Well, I had the diff fluid changed and tires rotated, but best guess is it was the fluid. Thanks for the advice!

Cjbyr