LEFT SIDE FRONT DOOR LOCK

2004 Honda CRV

Warranty problem
2004 Honda CRV 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 83400 miles

My 2004 Honda CR-V has a jammed front left door. How can I repair it since it is very spendy?
Xfahonda2004

Hi xfahonda2004,

How is the door jammed?
Do you mean the door peners are not working?
Do you feel any resistance when pulling at the openers?

I inserted my key to the lock and the key could not turn aroud to open the door. I assume that it is the door lock is jammed and do not know what to do.

Xfahonda2004
It can be the key cylinder that is stuck or a faulty door lock actuator.

Are you able to manually release the door lock tab from inside?
Does the central locking control unlocks it?

Whatever the problem, you would have to get the door panel off to release the latch.

Inside, no problem, outside from the right side door control, no problem, only the key cannot be turned in the lock. It is dead. I tried to lubricate the socket, it still refuses to work. The locksmith said that it would cost at least $250 to take down the door and fix the lock. I wonder whether I can just have a remote control so that one stone can hit two birds if the remote can work well. Thank you for the answer.

Xfahonda2004
If vehicle is equipped with central locking then you can get an aftermarket alarm system to activate the actuator.

If vehicle is not equipped with alarm, then you would have to remove the door panel to install the actuator.

Check if there is anything lodged in the key cylinder. Compressed air would help to clear them after spraying some WD40 into it.

What if you remove the door key cylinder and check the cylinder yourself or send it to the locksmith to be repaired?

I can try to get the information for removing the door panels and the key cylinder.

Master,
Looks like we are now narrowing downing the problems. I tried the WD4 and air but still it refuses to work. I would try your door panel suggestion and take it down and have a check myself. I need your help for the process and estimate of time so that I can have it done by blocking a certain period of time. It would be a great experience for me and I can show my friends how great your web advise is.

Thanks.

Xfahonda2004
I sent some files to you for the removal of the door panel and outrer handle which is where the key cylinder is.

You need only remove the key cylinder to test and if you are adventourous enough, you might be able to do the repair yourself. However the key cylinder requires some patience and special tools to disassemble and might require a locksmith to get it repaired.

The labor time is listed at 0.7 hour.

Thank you very much for the info and I will tell you the result.

Love you.

Xfahonda2004