NOISEY WHEN SHIFTED INTO DRIVE OR REVERSE

2000 Honda CRV

Noises problem
2000 Honda CRV 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic

the other day my car started making loud noise while I was going down the road it does this in reverse and drive but not in anyother gears. I did some inspections and found that (1) the car moves when in park (2) the drive shaft is turning when the car is placed in drive and the brake is applied, it does the same thing when the car is placed in reverse with brakes applied and all the while it makes a loud burr, burr burr sound. I have already changed the rear axcles and breaking systems. These problems arised after hitting a very large deer. I know that the driveshaft is not suppose to move if the brakes are applied can you tell me if it is the trannie or the differential that is causing the problem and the noise. Can you send step by step repair instructions I live far from closest shop and this is my only car I am basically stranded right now.
Mr.whyte

Hi mr. Whyte,

Seems the CV joints have failed. Which ever shaft that is turning is the one that needs to be looked at.

You would need to remove the CV shaft to be repaired/replaced.

That would entail removing the CV shaft central bolt, the lower arm ball joints and getting the CV shaft out.

I post the question about the noise from my 2000 crv 4wd the problem is not with the cv joints all four axles, tie rod ends, rear brakes, and ball joints have been replaced. I hit a very large deer and something is wrong either in the transmission or the rear end. When the car is moved it makes a burrrrrp, burrrrrp, burrrrrp sound which sounds like it is comming from the rear end but it could also just as well be the transmission. If I sit in the car with the car in the drive gear and the parking break on I can look under the car and see the driveshaft turning. The car is not moving but the driveshaft is and it is making the same noise( burrrrrp, burrrrrrp, burrrrrrp) anyone please help I am stranded I can get the parts delivered and I can fix it my self with some instruction.

Mr.whyte
I am trying to help but you did not even seem to notice my post.

Guess I will wait for others to take over.

Khlow2008 that last reply was directed to you. The only way I can contact you is by replying to the question. For some reason I must have 10 posts in order to reply directly to you. So as you can see it is not my cv joints they are all brand new. The problem is with the drive shaft the noise is towards the back.

Mr.whyte
Which shaft is turning and where does it stop at?

Front RH, Front LH, Center propellershaft, Rear RH or Rear Left Hand is turning?

Khlow2008 hey it's the center propell shaft(driveshaft) this is what is turning and the noise is comming from the rear end.

Mr.whyte
If only the center propeller shaft is turning, then the rear differential is bad.

Khlow2008 thanks I am clad you did not tell me it was the transmission I thought it was that. I had to be sure which one before I started working on it. I will get back to you and let you know what I find thanks.

Mr.whyte
You're welcome. If it is transmission, the propeller shaft would not turn. It is because the rear differential is bad thus the propeller shaft has nothing to hold it.