CRX CRANKS, BUT NO START.

1991 Honda CRV

1991 Honda CRV 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 150001 miles

Um, new here. Having problems with my one and only hope ('91 CRX) and I am at my wits end trying to figure it out.
As I was driving last weekend, when I would slow down at a light, my car would cut out. As if it wasn't getting gas. It did it about three times, then, on my way home, on the fourth time. It died. I pulled to the side of the road, and tryed to start it. Sounded like it wanted to start, but wouldn't fire up.

Installed a new relay. No start.
Checked all plugs and fuses. No start.
Took to a mechanic down the road, payed him 100 bucks, to have him tell me it was my fuel pump (Oh, BTW was getting a code 16 before this)

Today (a week later) I got my new pump, installed it. And. No start. It fired up twice for a split second each time, and then died again. Checked for an error code, there's nothing there (unplugged my battery, so it would have been reset, not sure if car needs to be running to pick up codes)

Anyways, that's what is going on, sorry if it isn't super clear, it just doesn't really make sense no matter how I put it. Any imput at all would be very helpful.
Sweetangel460