SPARK PLUG WIRE HELP

Honda Civic

I have a 1996 Honda Civic DX and I didn't pay attention when I took the old wires off and now I have no idea what order they go back on ? Obviously I no very little about auto maintenance but I am trying to learn. Can anyone help me? Any advice to go along with the spark plug wire order would be greatly appreciated. : D

Slh030

This link might help

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/95-civic-ex-distributor-order-exhaust-manifold-vt7800.html

If it doesn't launch, copy and paste it into the address bar of your web browser.

Benz_Guy
Thanks for your timely response. I saw that posting also, but I didn't know if the 96 Civic had the same order as the 95 Civic. Do you have any advice for me before I install the new wires. This all so new to me and I don't want to do more damage to car.

Thanks : lol:

Slh030
Take them off one at a time and put them on. Be sure that they are seated properly and that you get the wires mounts and spacers put back on. This help keep the wires from flopping too much and breaking or wearing out prematurely. I would check under the dist cap and what that looks like. Has it been a long time since it was replaced?

Bruce Hunt
Thank You for your help so far. I have changed the spark plugs and the spark plug wires, but for some reason the car still doesn't want to start. The car cranks, but wont start. Maybe if I give you some more information. I bought the Civic 1 month ago and it has had a few minor problems that I have managed to fixed fairly easily. The car wasn't running very well, by that I mean it was kinda jerky when I was driving, so I thought maybe if I changed the spark plugs it would start to run a little smoother. I took out the spark plugs and replaced them. I didn't remove the wires from the distributor cap. I replaced the plugs and after that the car wouldn't start. I don't know what I could have done wrong. I made sure I had the right spark plugs and that the gap was correct, but for some reason it still wouldn't work. I replaced the wires next and it still isn't working. I removed the distributor cap and looked at it, but I'm not sure what I am supposed to be looking for to see if it is okay. I am so frustrated and I don't know what else to check. Please help.

Slh030
Check under the hood or the manual or on line to find the plug firing order. However, you can have the plugs and wires in the correct sequence but have them off and by one. Under the cap you can look for cracks in the distributor cap and the corrosion that builds up. Make sure that the rotor is clean as well.

Bruce Hunt