PRESSING ON THE BREAK IT JERKS AND HAVING PROBLEM ACCELERATE

Honda Civic

I have a Honda Civic EX 2001 and when I'm on a stop sign, it jerks a bit. When I try to accelerate the car is not moving again and later while I keep gasing it's okay again. I got IAC changed and some valves what should be replaced and what is causing this problem?
Kwong

So there are no engine codes? Here again it can be so many things. Fuel, spark, sensors. Why did they change your IAC? Same reason?

Mikeybdman
I went to my local mechanic for this and I will never go to him again because the probelm still exist. Basically what he did was he did a tune up spark plugs, gasket, air filter pcv. He changed valve set, throttle body and IAC valve and Tp sensor and I still have the same problem. People told me it might be the distributor cap could it be? So just say I'm on a stop sign, my car kind of shakes a bit and then I can't accelerate and I wait a bit and keep pressin on the gas I can accelerate. Engine light did not come on nothing came on at all.

Kwong
Alot of the things your mechanic did could have fixed the problem. That is a problem when you are just guessing at what is wrong.
First thing, do you have the sedan or coupe? Which engine? Just 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder will do after you say coupe or sedan.
If I understand your problem, it idles rough, and is slow to aclerate off of idle, but once you get it going, it runs good? If that is your problem, then it really doesnt sound like an ignition problem unless maybe there is some added resistance in some connections that the higher rpm voltage can over come (Probably not). Your car probably does have a distributor cap, and if there are some bad connections where the rotor sends the spark to the cap, it may give the symptoms you descride. I would have thought the mechanic would have checked this as one of the first things to check. Have uit checked, and replaced if it looks bad, and then move on to what else could cause this problem.
What it sounds like is that your fuel supply at idle is not being correctly controlled. Once you get out of the idle mode, it runs good from there.
I would see if your mechanic, or another mechanic can connect a fuel pressure gauge inline in the fuel delivery system and see exactly what the fuel pressure is doing when it is giving you trouble. Maybe you have a fuel injector that is delivering too much fuel, and making the car rich at idle, but as you get some speed, it needs more fuel so it runs better. When your mechanic replaced your spark pulgs, were any showing signs of burning rich? Maybe a little blacker than the others, or possibly fouled some?
A bad PGM-FI main relay is usually a cause of the engine cutting off, but I can theroize a remote crazy senario in which it could cause this problem. I only through that out as a really remote possiblity.

Mikeybdman
I took my car to the dealers today and they diagnostic it or something and test drove the car and cannot find the problem. So what they did was update the computer program in the car. On my receipt it says iac update will this actually fix my problem? Apparently no one knows what the problem is and the dealers said that when they diagnostic the car there is no problem. My car is a 4 cyclinder car and it's a coupe. Yes when I am on the stop sign sometimes, and try to accelerate I have problem accelerating it only happens once in a while.

Kwong
Lets keep our fingers crossed that maybe the IAC you had replaced was bad, and maybe the mechanic didnt know how to set it up properly. The only update I see is for the PCM, however it may have never been updated and maybe this will fix it.

Mikeybdman
I took the car to the first mechanic because when im on a stop sign I had problem accelerating that's when he started to change the iac valve throttle body tune up and tp sensor. And then the dealer reset and update the iac. What is pcm? Also I was wondering is it always better to use honda genuine parts instead of generic parts? And does this actually happen to some other cars too?

Kwong
But I feel as though I wasted 700 bucks on the first mechanic and same thing still happened and the problem wasn't even fixed. If I went to the dealers in the first place it woudln't cost me as much

Kwong
Try not to think of it that way. The parts you had installed are all new now, and will probably last a long time before you need work again. Who knows, one of the parts the first mechanic replaced may have broken this week.

Mikeybdman
Apparently I still have the same problem. *Sigh* this is pretty aggrevating for me seems as though no one knows what hte problem is. It only happens once in a while what other problems can it be? Can it really be the distributor cap/

Kwong