MY CAR KEEPS RUNNING HOT

Honda Civic

I HAVE A 1989 HONDA CIVIC 1.5 ENGINE OVER 100,000 MILES AND I RECENTLY HAD THE HEAD'S REPALCED, THE OIL PUMP, THE HEAD GASKETS, AND THE OIL CHANGED, WELL MY CAR KEEPS RUNNING HOT ONCE IT GOT ALMOST ALL THE WAY TO THE HOT BUT WE STOPPED AND COOLED IT OFF AND PUT WATER INIT, BUT THE WATER WAS ALLREADY FULL SO WE CAN DRIVE IT AROUND IN OUR AREA BUT IF WE GO MORE THAN 10 MILES AWAY IT RUNS HOT WE HAD THE OIL CHECKED THERE IS NO WATER IN THE OIL SO ITS NOT THE HEADS, BOTH FANS ARE ON, BUT IT SEEMS THE MORE GAS WE GIVE IT THE MORE THE TEMPERATURE GAUGE MOVES SO WE'D HAVE TO DRIVE REALLY SLOW TO KEEP IT FROM RUNNING COMPLETELY HOT. WHAT DO YOUY THINK DO YOU THINK MAYBE MY RADIATOR IS CLOGGED OR DO YOU THINK MAY BE ITS THE THERMOSTAT BUT IT IT LETS US KNOW WHEN ITS HOT IT GETS HOT IN THE MIDDLE ALSO, AND THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT COMES ON.
Nikka@kt

Verify that you are not loosing coolant out the tailpipe. Then check the ignition timing and also verify that the cam shaft is timed properly. If this all checks out okay, check for a partially plugged regulator.

2CarPro Bob
First retieve the codes of your computer and also check the timing. Could be a few degrees moved or the timing belt one pitch ahead.

Fisherman
ALSO I NOTICED THAT THERE IS GREYISHLY LIKE SMOKE COMMING OUT OF THE TAIL PIPE AND I CAN HEAR A LITTLE RATTLING NOISE UNDER THE CAR SOUNDS LIKE IN THE MIDDLE OR CLOSER TO THE FRONT

Nikka@kt
Your catalytic convertor is clogged up.

Mechanicmatt299