IS THERE ANY HOPE FOR ENGINE WHICH DIED FROM LACK OF OIL?

Honda Civic

Hi, hope you all don't mind questions from someone who doesn't know a heck of a lot about cars-- would like to learn though and would be great to have a place where I can get second opinions on things.

My beloved 93 honda civic cx (122000 mi) recently died from lack of oil-- dont worry, Ive already kicked myself for not checking before I left on a trip. On the other hand-- it somehow lost ALL its oil in a period of 2 months so something was not quite right with it.

Anyway I'm considering buying it back from person I sold it to, who was able to repair the engine, rather than replace it. I have no reason not to believe the guy did a good job and knows his stuff. The car seems to be running beautifully and it shouldnt leak anymore.

However Im wondering if theres anything I should look out for, might there be any kind of irreparable damage from having run out of oil that could cause a problem later on? Are there any good questions I should be asking before I buy the car back?

I know with an old car theres always the chance something else could go wrong. Just want to be reasonably sure that there's no big red flags I should be aware of.

thanks 8)
K.Kat