VIBRATION DUE TO TRANSMISSION BELT

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid 4 cyl Automatic ~97000 miles

Hello all,

The problem I am having is that my car will vibrate when I accelerate. The car only vibrates when accelerating from rest (stopped). The vigor of the vibrations is directly proportional to how hard I accelerate. I have quickly learned to accelerate very slowly, however accelerating uphill also causes a very vigorous vibration. The whole car shakes when this happens, though the problem seems to stem from the engine, or at least the front of the car.

I took it to the shop and they said they think it is an issue with the belt in my transmission. The mechanic said that it could possibly be that the belt is slipping. I would really like a second opinion and an assessment as to how serious this is. I have had the problem for a few months now would really like to get this fixed ASAP.

Thank you.
Harbinger609