FLOODING ON MY PASSENGER FLOOR

Honda Civic

Hello All,

I seem to be having some trouble. I have a 95 Civic DX with 215,500 km on it, and it runs pretty good. About a month ago, I noticed that my passenger floor carpet was SOAKING WET. I happend to look on the floor of the rear passenger side, and there was actually a puddle (I was parked on an angle at the time). It was snowy here at the time and the temperature was fluctuating below and above freezing, so I initially thought perhaps my winter mat had a hole in it and was leaking melted snow to my carpet below. I have since replaced my winter mat, yet I still have this problem. There is also no more snow.

It didn't seem to be a problem for about a week from my initial encounter and then I noticed the SOAKING wet floor again. So I have begun taking it to the local gas station to use their wet vac to get rid of as much of the surface water as possible, but upon pulling back some of the carpet, realized there is still a decent sized puddle under the floor carpet. I have been sopping up the liquid with old newspapers and towels, which end up saturated, time and time again.

Now to my question: Why am I continuing to get a foot soak everytime I get in the passenger side of my car? I think this problem presents itself more when raining, but I can't find a leak anywhere. I know water leaks are sometimes tricky to find, but I checked the seal on the door, and it seems solid, there is no water coming from under the dash on the passenger side, or the windshield. (I should add there is no water accumulation on the drivers side at all). The vertical sides of the carpet aren't wet either. What could possibly be causing this? HELP!
Alisondrain

I would venture that the drain on the hood vent is plugged and over flows in to the vehicle. I can't tell you exactly where to look for the problem but there should be a drain hose under the vehicle and you need to open the drain.

Bruce Hunt