89 SI ISSUES

1989 Honda Civic

Okay, so I recently bought an 89 civic si from a tow company, everything is good as far as it runs and the like. My problems are as follows;
1. Moon roof doesnt work
2. Heavy gas smell
3. Idle varies depending on angle of car(like its low if im the car is leaning more towards the right)
4. Exhaust sends out a bit of white smoke, it stops when car is warmed up
5. Can smell the clutch though I adjusted it as per the manuals specifications.
as far as the smoke is concerned, I have an oil change and new 2 point platinum spark plugs which I hope should remedy the problem. I checked to see if there was any debris in the oil but havent found anything yet. Please help, I mat a loss for money so I have to pin point this and get it right the first time : evil:

Andrew, 21, San Mateo
Demonicjstr

Im not sure about the rest, but with the moonroof (if it is a power moonroof) check and make sure the fuse isnt blown; there is probably one under the dash and another under the hood. Also check, when you try to open it, does the motor make a sound like it is trying to open? If so, could be stuck or off track. If not, could be a bad motor or a fuse.

Just some ideas.

Imjimsmith
Well, I hopped under the dash and checked the fuse, it was good, I dont have a voltage tester, I played with the power switch but there is no sound or anything, I am hoping its just a power issue. As far as a fuse under the hood I am very confused about where that would be. Should I trace the positive cable down from the battery terminal?
Thanks,
Andrew, 21

Demonicjstr
I had a '95 Accord and the fuse box was on the passenger side close to the firewall (farthest back from the front). Im not sure where they are on the older body styles. It is usually a black box, squarish, that has two or three latches on the side. It is usually easily accessible. Check your owners manual or get a Haynes guide (or read one for free at autozone : wink: ) and that should locate it for you.

No sound means the motor isnt working (most likely), so it could be a fuse or a bad motor.

Imjimsmith