AIR CONDITIONING

2006 Honda Civic

Air Conditioning problem
2006 Honda Civic 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 38500 miles

just charged the ac one week ago now ac only works when car is in drive and moving, come to a stop light and the ac start blowing hot start moveing again and ac get cold. Thanks
Vansmack

Why was A/C re-charged? Car in accident or was a component replaced in A/C system? An 06 should not need to be re-charged already unless one of these things occured unless you have it done once a year as a reg. Service. Was re-charge done w/ A/C machine or was a can of freon just shot into it? What was condition of A/C system B-4 charge? Did it work at all? You may have a leak in the system, you may have a problem w/ the " Hot/Cold cable". You can pull the knob off " Hot/Cold " contrrol & make sure the 1/2 moon shape inside knob is not broken. Under the hood, where the hoses come out of heater core through firewall, there is a " Hot/Cold valve, check and make sure the cable is moving this valve when turning back & forth hot to cold, cold to hot. Have someone watch it while you move it. You could also have a mouse nest in the heater blower motor / A/C evaporator area. Check these things & let me know, w/more info maybe I can pinpoint your problem. Good Luck !

Ted-e-dee