MY HYBRID MAKES A WEIRD LOUD NOISE IN THE

2005 Honda Civic

Engine problem
2005 Honda Civic 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 45000 miles

My Honda makes this strange loud noise when driving in the cold at high speeds (almost like a loud BRRRRRR). It doesn't do it all the time though, which makes it difficult to pinpoint. It sounds like its in the front of the car, and only seems to do it when I'm driving into the wind, or very fast (on the highway). It did this last winter, and when I brought it to the dealer, they told me I needed to replace the CVT transmission becauase of a noise (luckily this was under warranty). I believe that they heard a different noise in the shop (a small whining noise, which I read the hybrid transmission is known for making and needs replacement). Now, this winter, it is periodically making this really loud noise again (not the whining noise it also made before). Any ideas as to what this could be? Its hard because its so intermittent, but I have pinpointed it down to when I'm driving fast, when its cold, and when I am driving into the wind.
Glddstgpsy