CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

2004 Honda Civic

2004 Honda Civic 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 77000 miles

i recently had my car in to replace a motor mount and when I got the car back the test engine light was on. Is there any way that by jacking up the motor to change the motor mount that they could have inadvertently pulled something loose that could have caused the light to come on. The car still runs great. I also had an o2 sensor changed about 6 mos. Ago. It scans and says some kind of evaporation problem, what could that be?
Droberts1960

Hi droberts1960,

Thank you for the donation.

It is possible something had been dislodged or damaged or just coincidence.

Get a free scan done at Autozone and let me know the trouble code so we can zoom in on the item that is causing the problem.

The code that came up was p0497, faulty purge selenoid sensor or vent selenoid and something about evap system. Where are these located and are they difficult to change?

Droberts1960
Here are the location diagrams. I have sent the diagnostic files to your email. Let me know if it comes out correctly.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_EVAPComp04CivicFig01_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_EVAPComp04CivicFig02_1.jpg

Hi KHLow2008,

I am having the same issue on my 2004 Honda Civic EX with the P0497 error. If you can please email me any info on resolving it I would greatly appreciate it!

My home email is tony1034@aol. Com

Or, droberts1960, if you got the email from KHLow2008 and see this post you can always email me what he sent you too.

Thanks and best regards,

Tony P.

Tony1034
Hi Tony,

I have emailed you the file. Let me know if you receive them.

Awesome! Thank you! I'm just heading out of work but will check my home email when I get in.

I went to inspection station to get my car inspected and vecause that light was on they failed me.

It's been coming on and off the last 2 months. Usually after I get gas but that could be just a coincidence. It may be because I started it up this AM and went back inside to get my stuff. The car sat there idling for about 10 minutes so that could be drawing the light on too. If I drive it for a few days it'll go back off for a while.

Tony1034
If you require further assistance, just reply to post and I will get back to you.

Have a nice week end.