HEADLIGHTS

2001 Honda Civic

2001 Honda Civic 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 120000 miles

Low beams don't work. Brights do. Changed bulbs. Fuses are ok.
Jmhuck01

Under the hood in the relay box, there are 2 relays for the high and low beams. Check or interchange the relays to isolate your problem. Hope this helps and thank you for the donation.

James W.
Thanks for your quick reply. Went to fuze box under hood. Saw no relays (black box) designated as hi/lo. Were 2 designated as L and R with headlight " picture". Switched and same problem, hi beam works, lo beam does not.

Thanks,

Jeff Huckabee

Jmhuck01
Jeff, I'm not that familiar with the workings of the Honda H/L switch and my resorces aren't that clear. Do pull up on the switch for high beam and pull" up" again for low? Or, pull up for high and push down for low? Please advise.

James W.
On the steering column, on the lights lever/stem, turn the end knob to go to parking lights and low beam. Push the lever away from driver to turn on high beam (pull to flash high beam).

Thanks,

Jeff Huckabee

Jmhuck01
Jeff, under the driver's side dash in the fuse block is a relay for the head lights. Colors for low beam lights are: Low beam power in: rd/wht
Power to low beam left: rd/wht
Power to low beam right: blu/wht
If you have no power to the rd/wht power in wire, it's the switch. If no power out on blu/wht & rd/wht. Change the relay. You should be able to feel the relay click when you flash the highbeams so you know you're on the right one. Hope this helps.

James W.
Did you find the wires blu/wht & rd/wht under the steering colum?

Also can you guide me to find the wires because I think I have the same problem.

Wisedude