MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE

2000 Honda Civic

2000 Honda Civic 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 25,500 miles

Have just bought the above 2000 Civic w/25,500 miles on it, bought new by a little old lady who just gave up her license to drive at 91 years old! She has only done maintenance according to the accumulated mileage. We live in Austin, TX, and she has used the vehicle mostly for short trips in-city. It has been garaged. I suspect that, despite the low mileage, I should replace engine coolant, transmission fluid, brake fluid, and the belts (including the timing belt), along with the standard 30,000 mile service, which includes oil change and plugs. What about the water pump? Timing chain tensioner? She replaced the AC compressor last June!
Gaines

You got your self one nice car.
I wouldn't touch the timing belt nor the waterpump myself at this point, but there is a good arguement for replacing it based on age. Still, I would not do more than the belt. The tensioner for the belt is mechanical, not a rubber good so I wouldn't worry about that.
The engine is an interference engine and would be damaged most likley if the belt broke.

Replacing the other fluids would be a good idea.

I would add on an intake cleaning ion addition to the plugs and fuel filter if it were mine.