ENGINE JERKS

2000 Honda Civic

2000 Honda Civic 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 94000 miles

I drive a 2000 honda civic. Just recently my engine began to jerk, sputter. All most hesitates when I give gas and at idle speed but not as much when I give it gas to speed up. It starts fine but when I drive it about quarter mile the problem starts.I put feul injectorcleaner in my tank, but problem still there. Some people say its my tranmission and some say fuel system.I want to know whats the problem and how can I fix it
XCite

Dirty fuel injectors (cleaning the injectors often fixes this).
Bad MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor
Bad TPS (throttle position) sensor
Bad or dirty MAF (mass airflow) sensor
Low fuel pressure (leaky fuel pressure regulator or weak fuel pump)
Vacuum leaks (intake manifold, vacuum hoses, throttle body, EGR valve)
Bad gasoline (fuel contaminated with water or too much alcohol)

Sometimes, what feels like a hesitation is actually ignition misfire rather than lean misfire. The causes of ignition misfire may include: Dirty or worn spark plugs
Bad plug wires
Weak ignition coil
Wet plug wires

I put injecter cleaner in my tank. It help a lil but the problem still there

XCite
Check the rest of the possibilities

I had a very similar problem with my '98 Civic. Changing the spark plugs fixed it for me. It won't cost very much to get some new ones, and if it works it could save you the cost of taking it to the mechanic. If you don't want to do it yourself, then lots of places have specials on tune-ups.

Tonyprzy