WHINING NOISE FROM FRONT OF CAR

1998 Honda Civic

Noises problem
1998 Honda Civic 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 85000 miles

Hi, I have developed a whining noise from the front end of my honda and would like some light shed on the matter if poss, I have checked the following to find out what it could be.

1 ) tyre pressure increased to correct psi, whining noise is more noticeable on rougher roads but happens on all surfaces from 20mph +. Tyres on front are budget brand which are near to limit, rears have full tread and are bridgestones.

2 ) checked wheels for play on bearings, all is fine and rotates smoothly.

3 ) slow speed left to right slalom turns create no noise suggesting bearings are fine, no clicking on full lock, so cv joints are ok.

4 ) brakes are fine but need to check wear limit tab as this could be a possible cause?

5 ) right hand side driveshaft heavily corroded on most of the length of its arm to cv boot, left hand side is fine, just has road gunk on it, don't know if it was replaced recently or not.

any suggestions would be grateful
Marcianjohnson