SERVICE ENGINE LIGHT

1998 Honda Civic

1998 Honda Civic 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 176162 miles

My 98 Honda Civic check engine light is back on again! The 1st time was in 2006. My ran fine but would not pass inspection. I needed a catalytic converter. Passed then not long afterwards the light was back on. My car wld not pick up speed, jerked. I needed an oxygen sensor. Things were fine. Then some 11 thousand miles later, according to my mechanic, I needed another oxygen sensor. Along with a CV Joint. I can't recall if the engine light was on but during this visit. (I was there for an oil change and inspection. Recently, I had to replace the catalytic converter, which messed up my muffler (both under warranty) and lol they said I need another oxygen sensor! Of course the engine light is on, but there is only a 23 thousannd miles diffreence since the last sensor. I read cars from 96 I think go for at least 100 thousand mile on an oz sensor. Anyway, the car jerks, doesn't pick up speed.I got a diagnistic reading yesterday and was told I had 5 misfire codes: P0300, 301, 302, 303, and 304. I read up a bit and learned this could mean wiring, spark plugs.I did catch-Anything that causes lean fuel mixture. So, do I really need another oz sensor?
Nuts&bolts

All these misfire codes could mean the fuel delivery, or pum is weak...especially if you have lean codes...could also be vacuum leaks...get a can of spray gumout, spray the vac lines and maniflod area, when the idle changes, youve found the leak! You want the engine running and spray on the outside but do direct the stream onto the hoses, if it is a vacuum leak, the engine idle will change speed, then you have detected a leak, repair the vacuum leak and see how it runs! Test fuel pressure as shown in this video.
http://www.2carpros.com/car_repair_video/test_fuel_injection_pressure.htm

Merlin2021