ROUGH IDLE, MILD SURGING

1996 Honda Civic

1996 Honda Civic 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 154000 miles

My wifes cars check engin light came on last week, and I had already planed on doing a tune up and timing belt because it was way over due. So I did a full tune up, plus a timing belt, disconected the battery to clear the check engin light, and when it was all done the car ran smooth as silk. Test drove the car, idled so smooth that when I came to a stop at stop sighs I thought the engin had died, but it was still running. No check engin light, and the car had power under acseleration. When I pulled back into the drive way the engin started to idle rough when it was in gear, like the idle was to low, ran fine in neutral and park. But it did surge every now and again when idleing with no load. Some times when the car has sat all day in the heat, it runs rough after starting it, but clears out after 15 - 20 seconds. After a week of driving the check engin light has come back on and still idles rough in gear. Is this a common senser problem, like cold start, or idle air control? Please help me.
A52willy

Replace or service the IACV. This valve is located at the back of the manifold with two 12mm bolts holding it in.

F4I_guy