- WHITE SMOKE FROM TAILPIPE

1994 Honda Civic

I have a 94 civic and I noticed small amounts of white smoke coming out of the tailpipe as I was driving. Later on during the day, I noticed large amounts of smoke coming out as I accelerated. The smoke doesn't smell like anything burning and doesn't hang around like regular smoke. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated so I can go to the auto shop with a little knowledge. Thank you
AdamGiarratano

Oh, and the car is not overheating

AdamGiarratano
Smells like an oil burning?

How fast it dissapear?

Could be oil or water vapor. Depends how it smell or dissapear.

Fisherman
It doesn't smell like oil burning. The smoke disperses quite rapidly. Most people are talking about it being the head gasket. There are 135,530 mi on the car. If it is the head gasket. Around how much do you think it will cost with labor.I know that its gonna be a bundle.I just wanted to get an idea

AdamGiarratano
Your radiator water its dissapearing?
Then your head gasket should be replaced.
Price?
Depends on the mechanic. And the problem behind. Like valve seals and seats. If the head gasket its good but the problem its the head cracked. Lets see.
From 300.00 to 500.00 (los Angeles area)
where do you live?

Loock for an honest good mechanic in your area.

Good luck!

Fisherman
Hey thanks a bunch. Im out in south carolina.I didnt keep driving, so I dont think anything else got messed up. But thanks alot

AdamGiarratano
Any time!

Best regards!

Fisherman