LX

1988 Honda Civic

It runs ok when it is in park but smels like it is getting to much gas. It floods out when I put it into drive. The computer says there is a fuel injecton problem but it is a a dual point fuel injecton and those are expensive. I tested them with an ohmmeter and they both read outside the mesaurements by the book but so do new ones I checked at autozone. I was driving it when I was in texas then it just wouldn't startn one day I brought it home and replaced the timing belt and timed it the best I could becuase of no timing marks. It ran fine then did the same thing so I replaced the distributor cap and rotor then it ran fine for a day then did the same thing. Then all of the sudden it blew a head gasket replaced it and now I am having this prob. The head was ok no cracks or damage. Someone please help.
Brian_harris28

First you must find out why the engine is running rich. A rich engine will ruin the interanl parts like cylinder walls. Get some one to put on a scanner that will look at the data stream. Let me know.

Losone