87 RUNNING HOT - NO HEAT FROM HEATER

1987 Honda Civic

Engine problem
1987 Honda Civic 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 163k miles

My 87 civic project car is running hot under acceleration, miles/months after head exchange. I've replaced hoses, t-stat (even removed @ one point), flushed system, etc. Honda's of this era have a bleed-off valve for cooling system. I've pressurized the system and used the bleed-off for ANY possible air in the system. No water/oil mixture on dipstick, no oil in the cooling system. I'm at a loss! Any help?
Rcky_hrvy

How about ignition timing?

Did you checked the timing?

1.3 or 1.5 engine?

Carburator or EFI?

Let us know.

Fisherman
How about ignition timing?

Did you checked the timing?

1.3 or 1.5 engine?

Carburator or EFI?

Let us know.[/Quote: b1dd584c6f]

I should've given that info. Originally. Sorry. It's a 1.3 litre and it's carbureted. The car is timed and it runs great! Has some issues with starting (hard start), other than that and overheating. It runs like a champ. I've also noticed that it's building a lot of pressure in the radiator upon startup. Originally, I thought the heater core was plugged after the rebuid. Found that water flows both directions through it and through the bypass when heat/cool switch is in cool.

Rcky_hrvy