4 WHEEL DRIVE WAGON STALLS

1986 Honda Civic

I have the following Honda Civic:

1986, 4 wheel drive 5 door wagon, 190,000 miles, 1.5 litre 4 cyl carburated engine, 6 speed transmission.

Only repairs have been cv joints and a clutch.

Symptoms of problem: car stalls when exiting the highway when letting off the gas and coasting to a stop, the rpm's slowing reduce to about 100 and the engine will die unless more gas is given. When driving around town it will die sometimes going around corners if one doesn't give more gas. Seems that the engine is more sensitive to this condition when the weather is hot. Haven't noticed any lack of power, the engines runs smoothly as always. This condition has been happening for a year and I initially turned up the idle screw on the carb which helped some. In the last three weeks my mileage has gone from the usual 30 mpg to about 20mpg. But I do not know if the two conditions are related.

A non related issue, I've been told that these engines has a problem with the valve guide seals needing replacement around 200k miles.

Thx for assistance in advance.
Ericeric

Start servicing your carburetor that saves you money on gas. And makes your car run better.

Fisherman