OVEERHEATING

1996 Honda Ballade

Heater problem
1996 Honda Ballade 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 270000 miles

I have replace the head gasket, got new thermostat, new radiator. The temperature goes up when in hot weather and when I have to put pressure on the system. In most cases it reaches the red red, then we have to slow down and it will eventually go down again. When i'm in traffic the temperature goes sky high again and then I have to drive a bit faster to get the temperatur down. In most cases when in traffic I can't do this and have to switch the car off. When the car is runniing for almost an hour and the temperature goes up, I slow down but don't switch the car off and then I check if the fan is running, but the fan is not running. There is no leaks. Could it be that I need to replace the fan or the clutch fan or could be the fan blade ro maybe the new fuel filter is clogged. Please help
Tandan

Hi there, is this an engine driven fan? If it is a viscous coupling and the fan is not turning, fit a new coupling, I presume that the drive belt is fitted?

Mhpautos
No this is not an engine driven fan. Why does the temperature rising? What shoud the pressure rating be of the radiator cap and the temperature at which the thermostat should open

Tandan
The fan should be turning on, I will check out the system and find the location of the temp switch, this will problem be faulty, I will see if I can find a cap pressure rating as well, but I do feel it will be the fan switch.

Mhpautos