1989 Honda Ascot

1989 Honda Ascot 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 15,000 miles

This car has been sitting unused (unstarted) for probably 5 years in a garage in Michigan. It has very low mileage and sentimental value. I don't want to try to start the car and introduce fouled gasoline into distributor / injectors (don't know which it has). I expect there are many issues to tackle with a car this old and unused this long; but if the engine starts I can move ahead. If not, forget the whole deal. How can I, the amateur mechanic, drain the tank? I hear it's tricky trying to slide a siphon hose down the filler; I've been told there's a drain plug; but the car is close to the ground and I cannot get it to a shop with a lift for now. Someone said there is an access plate under the backseat where the sending unit is located. Can you advise me? Thank you.

Well I would treat the gasoline in it run it till half a tank refill run it again till half a tank. Then replace the fuel filter.