STEERING RACK BUSHINGS

Honda Accord

I have a 1993 honda accord w/automatic when I step on the brake the steering wheel shakes and makes clicking noise the harder I step on the brake the worse it is. Does not do it all the time. New pads and rotors last year also new tires last year. Car runs great 252,000 miles. Do you have any repair info on how to replace rack bushing
Patricklovesdiane

I can assist you with the brakes. When you said new of the brake rotors did you mean they were brand new or were they turned?

The rotors or one of them is slightly warped. This is caused by excessive heat. This can be a result of your driving habits or a defective part. There is a spray for brakes that you can use to coat the discs to treat them and thus reduce the heat that builds up of them. I do not know what it is called but it should available from the auto parts store. This however will not repair the problem you have with the rotor until the bad rotor is replaced.

Bruce Hunt