DOORS DO NOT LOCK AUTOMATICALLY AFTER THE ENGINE IS SHUT OFF

Honda Accord

We have a Honda Accord EX 1992, It was bought new in 1992. The milage is 42,000. We do not drive much.

After we shut the engine off the doors do not lock automatically anymore. Till last week they used to lock after 30 seconds of shutting off the engine.

Last week we went to Autozone the man there pulled on red wire which is near the knee of a driver, he put it back, the doors started locking after that, well actually it worked for five minutes after that it was back to square one.
Please let me know what is wrong.
Sushama
Sushama

Anytime that something works and doesn't work, you have a short. I would seriously check in to the red wire and see what it is being shorted out on.

Bruce Hunt
The statement that " anytime something doesn't work it is a short" is totally wrong. It could be a broken wire causing an open circuit or a loose ground to the door lock module. Have a qualified electrical person look under the dash (not auto zone) and see if they can find the source of the red wire.

Shorts usually blow fuses!

Good luck

Losone