97 CV AXLE REPLACEMENT

1997 Honda Accord

My friend had her cv axles replaced a few years ago. The mechanic told her that" both cv axles had to be replaced at the same time, You just can't do one side" at a cost to her of $800.00
Is this true? I know many people who only change the one side that is bad on most other cars. Is this something just for Honda's? She is working off a budget so money is an issue. Axle costing only $50.00 for one side besides labor. I was gonna re- boot it but now it is clicking. The other boots and axles are fine at this time.
Jscletsplay

No both axles do not have to be replaced at the same time. Some might say to do it but they probably have deep pockets. Not a problem doing one at a time. If you want to save her the cash and the other side is not ripped or torn on the boots, I would pull both axles. Replace the bad one and reboot the other to beat the impending problem of the boots getting dry and letting do to.

Bruce Hunt