DOME LIGHT ISSUE

2005 Honda Accord

Interior problem
2005 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 36000 miles

i've got the same problem as another poster on gf's car, though I did get one of the two ligts to work, though I did nothing really:

The other post:
2005 Honda Accord 4 cyl

My 2005 Honda Accord has two map lights in the front ceiling that activate when pushed or when the door opens. These do not illuminate any longer. I pryed off the plastic to get to the bulbs and they do not seem blown. I also checked the fuse and it is OK. The push pin continues to click on both lights so this does not seem to be the problem. Closing the door activated the rear ceiling light so this is not the problem. What else can I check.I am at a loss and don't want to big bill from the dealer to fix this small problem. Any help is appreciated.
Silvspgs

Does the driver's door courtesy light works when the door is open? If that light works ok then remove the map light assembly for inspection. Check the connections make sure they are tight. If you have a test light you can input test the wires, the white/blue wire should have battery voltage and the green wire should have ground when the drive's door is open.

My drivers side courtesy light no longer works when I open the door. I can turn it on and off manually. I took it to a mechanic and they said that the light is not grounded and seems to be getting power from both ends. Any ideas?

Michaelmiles10