IGNITION

2001 Honda Accord

Interior problem
2001 Honda Accord 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 100, 00 miles

I put the key in the ignition, and it won't turn at all. Tried jiggling the steering wheel, and pushing the car to break it lose. Tried tilting the wheel up, and down but can; t get it to break lose and turn over. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Sally
Jpot34

Hi Sally,

Either you got the wrong key or the key tumbler is bad. It is not going to be easy to solve the problem as the tumbler cylinder is removable only with key in ACC position.

Another possible reason is a stuck interlock switch at the key cylinder.

You might need the services of a locksmith.

If you have the alarm system in order, try disconnecting the battery and retest. It would only be applicable if the interlock is at fault.

Thank you for your reply! Was going to take it to a Honda dealership. What price range do you think it will cost? Thank you! Sally

Jpot34
Hi Sally,

Sorry I am not able to find the estimated cost for the key cylinder. Book time for replacement is 0.9 hours.