EX SRS LIGHT

2001 Honda Accord

I recently purchased a 2001 Honda Accord EX V6 and while driving it home noticed that the SRS light was on. I stopped at a Honda dealership and had it checked out and they came back with six codes. Basically saying that I needed to replace my entire air bag system. They also discoved behind the steering wheel that some wires have been cut. The wires are coming out of a little yellow square connector and the wires that are cut are red. I've talked to the dealership that I bought the car from and they say that the air bags have been replaced. Could the wires that are cut be triggering the SRS light to stay on and for it to throw out codes telling me to replace the whole system? Do I have to replace the entire system or can I just replace the part in the steering wheel? Any help anyone can offer is greatly appreciated.
Pettyz

What dealership looked at the car? They must be idiots. If you have wires cut up under your dash in a yellow plug. Srs wires are always in yellow and if they are cut they will show those codes. If your air bags have been replaced that is a pretty good indication that the car was in an accident . Take the car to a good reputable body shop and have them look at it. If you have a honda dealership with a body ship that is prefered

Jamee taylor