IDLE SENSOR / THROTTLE BODY ?

2000 Honda Accord

2000 Honda Accord 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 156331 miles

My 2000 Honda Accord SE was recently worked on. The mechanic took off the throttlebody cleaned the throttle body, took of the upper intake, cleaned that too, then replace the gaskets and put it all back together. After the car was put back together, the car will not idle correct. The car idles up and down, up and down, for about 10 minutes and then the check engine light came on and the car dropped down to nearly a stall and idles very rough! The mechanic said there may be air in the lines causing the (throttle sensor?)To not function properly. He recommended driving up a steep long incline to get the air pocket out of the line and up to the bleeding spot, but I did that and still nothing. My wife is gonna kill me if I don't get this car fixed soon
Robclamon

Sounds like you either got a vacuum leak, or the idle air control valve (IACV) is acting up.

F4I_guy